Speaker of the Ohio House William G. Batchelder (R-Medina) today announced the creation of the Ohio House’s 21st Century Manufacturing Task Force, which is designed to facilitate discussion and interaction between Ohio’s manufacturing community, public policy makers and interested parties regarding the state of manufacturing in Ohio and what can be done to improve Ohio’s manufacturing competitiveness in the 21st century.
State Representative Kirk Schuring (R-Canton) has been selected to serve as chairman of this task force, which will be comprised of a total of nine members of the Ohio House—five from the majority caucus and four from the minority caucus.
• Identifying resources to assist manufacturing
• Identifying impediments that curtail manufacturing
• Identifying future challenges to manufacturing
• Identifying the unique characteristics of each section of the state that could facilitate new manufacturing opportunities
• Any general manufacturing issues that are brought before the task force
The task force will make recommendations to the speaker of the House no later than December 31, 2012.