State Representative Kristina Daley Roegner (R-Hudson) hosted local students who were selected as contest winners for the representative’s “Legislator for a Day” reading program.
• John Comi, Echo Hills Elementary, 1st Grade
• Tabitha Ehrenberger, Lakeview Intermediate, 5th Grade
• Lukas Keverkamp, Richardson Elementary, 3rd Grade
• Caroline Lovell, Lincoln Elementary, 2nd Grade
• Brianna Pipes, Richardson Elementary, 2nd Grade
• Abigail Roberts, Richardson Elementary, 2nd Grade
• Scott Rye, Dewitt Elementary, 3rd Grade
• Ezekiel Togonon, Richardson Elementary, 2nd Grade
• Leia Werner, Lakeview Elementary, 6th Grade
“I really enjoy the opportunity to share what I do as a state representative with students from our district,” said Roegner. “It is really fun to engage the students in role playing, debating bills and voting in the House Chambers. What better way for the students to gain a deep understanding of Ohio’s legislative process?”
The summer reading program was designed to encourage students to visit their local libraries and to get them engaged in the exciting world of books and reading. To enter to win, contestants were asked to write down five books they read on a special bookmark and drop the bookmark off at a local library. Winning bookmarks were selected at random.