If you are like me, you can hardly believe how fast time is flying by. The summer months are upon us, and that means that a lot more people who live around here are going to be spending time outdoors, planning day trips, and heading out of town for a needed vacation with the kids.

One of the reasons that I like summer is because the warm temperatures and sunny skies allow for more fun activities. This brings many opportunities to spend added time with your family and friends, and I hope that you’ll take full advantage of it this year.

Although we all love an extended trip away, I wanted to remind you that there is plenty to do in our region, as well as throughout the state of Ohio. I recently wrote about the importance of tourism in Ohio. That not only means drawing in people from out of state, but also ensuring that our own citizens take advantage of the resources in front of them.

There are a lot of places to visit in Ohio, and I encourage you to pick up a magazine or get online to search for the activities that best suit you and your family. As your state representative, I especially want to encourage you to make your way to Columbus and visit the Statehouse.

Many people do not realize all that the Statehouse has to offer. There are many educational and cultural activities that take place there that you and your kids will enjoy. At the Ohio Statehouse Museum, there are interactive exhibits for your kids can participate in and learn more about state government and Ohio history. You can also enjoy historical artifacts, as well as imagery that traces the history of the building and the civil servants who have worked there. What’s best is that it fits nearly any schedule and is free to the public.

Let’s not forget that there are also many fairs and festivals to choose from in Ashtabula and Trumbull counties. These are a great way to enjoy our local heritage and get to know your neighbors and other community members. Not only do these events offer great activities, but the food is usually terrific—I can assure you.

Just like I have done growing up, I will be making my way to many of the events around this area. I have a lot of great memories with family and friends at these festivals, and I hope that I will get to meet many more of you as I see you around this summer.

As a reminder, I enjoy hearing from constituents like you. If I can be of assistance to you in any way—whether you are having an issue with state government or would simply like to voice your opinion on a topic of the day—please do not hesitate to come and have a conversation with me.

We are fortunate to be living in this area of the state, and we have a lot to offer our residents. The activities we produce are great ways to support local business, save on gas money, and have fun on a budget. I hope that you’ll have the time to unwind and spend time with your loved ones this season. There’s no reason we can’t have an enjoyable summer in our own back yard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment